UPDATE: Seller reports that it’s GONE, GONE, GONE to its new home!
This retro-style ’72 Morris Mini has a contrasting black roof, a wavy grille (early ’60’s style), two driving lights, a period-style roof rack and 10″ Minilight (8 spoke) alloy wheels. The 998cc engine (the mid-size for Minis) is mated with a 4-speed, 4-synchro manual transmission. The front brakes have been upgraded to discs and the rear suspension has been upgraded to coil springs. It was sold new in New Zealand, where there is typically little to no rust.
The steering is left-hand-drive (LHD); it was converted from RHD.
It’s a True Mk3 (’70 and up) Model, so it features:
- doors with rollup windows and internal door hinges
- larger, rectangular taillights with two-color, red/amber lenses. (Mk1’s had small ovals)
- larger grille than the Mk1 (with chrome on leading edge of the bonnet and grille surrounds on each side)
Exterior and Trim:
- 10×5″ Minilite alloy wheels
- Falken FK-07E tires
- Black roof
- Roof rack
- Twin driving lights
Engine and Transmission:
- 998cc engine
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Single SU carb on alloy intake manifold
- Header and aftermarket performance exhaust
Suspension and Brake Upgrades:
- Cooper S (7.5″) disc brakes in front
- Coil spring conversion in the rear
- HiLo adjustable suspension (front and rear)
In the Cabin:
- New black vinyl interior
- New carpets
- New carpet mats
- Center speedo with oil-pressure and water-temperature gauges on the sides
- Original steering wheel
- Odometer reads 80k miles
- wood shift knob
- New clutch
- New rear brakes (shoes and wheel cylinders)
- New front disc brake rotors
- Rebuilt front disc calipers
- New coil spring conversion in the rear
- New HiLo adjustable suspension, front and rear
- New shocks, front and rear
- New exhaust system (not loud)
- New head gasket, timing chain, seals and gaskets
Engine and engine compartment nicely detailed (when engine was out for clutch replacement)
California title and current registration. 1972 Morris.
Located in Malibu, CA 90265
[ ID# WHITE72LHD ] Asking: (contact us)
Independent mechanical evaluations may also be arranged, as well as nationwide door-to-door transport. Escrow Services for payment, title-document-transfers, and transport coordination (to help provide more-secure transactions) are also available, contact us for details.
FINE PRINT: MiniGuy / Lewis Motors makes no representations as to the accuracy of any seller’s listings on our “Consignment – For Sale by Owner” pages, including but not limited to, physical or mechanical condition of vehicle, status of title or registration, any applicable emissions-equipment, emissions-testing or emissions-certification requirements, as well as relevant safety equipment or safety-related requirements, import status, or fitness for use. Please note that emissions or safety requirements may differ by state, region, or country. Potential buyers should consult their appropriate state or local agencies or departments to determine, among other things, the status of a particular vehicle related to the above, including vehicles that might normally be exempt from emissions testing, emissions equipment, or emissions certification requirements. For California buyers or sellers, more information may be obtained from various state and local agencies, including, but not limited to, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the Bureau of Automotive Repairs (BAR) and the California Air Resources Board (ARB).
BOTTOM LINE: This is a case where it pays to do your homework. Be careful what you buy, you may not be able to drive it in some states, including California.
UPDATE: Seller reports that it’s GONE, GONE, GONE to its new home!Vehicle Details: