This bright red 1970 Austin Mini “Countryman” wagon has been completely restored from the frame up. While stock-appearing, it does have driveability upgrades that include a Cooper (factory-performance) cylinder head, Stage 1 performance kit, exhaust header and electronic ignition. The doors have external hinges and sliding windows and the wheels are stock 10″ steelies with hubcaps.
Factory left-hand-drive (LHD) steering.
Mechanicals and Upgrades:
- 998cc engine
- Cooper (factory performance) cylinder head
- 4-speed, 4-synchro “remote shift” transmission
- Metro cam
- Stage 1 Kit, including header and RC40 aftermarket performance exhaust
- Single SU carb on alloy intake manifold
- Stock generator retained
- Alloy rocker cover
- Electronic-ignition distributor
- New fuel tank and sending unit
- Viper Red paint
- Stock steel 10″ wheels with hubcaps
- Twin chrome side-view mirrors.
- New windshield
- New rubber seal and chrome lock strip
- Grille buttons (better access for maintenance)
- Vintage grille badge
- Black vinyl upholstery and seats are original and in good condition
- Stock steering wheel (also included is an aftermarket sport steering wheel shown)
- Seat extender brackets in front
- New carpeting
- Sound deadening
- Headliner is in good condition
- New felts for sliding window tracks
Brakes & Suspension:
- New shocks on all four corners
- New brakes front and rear
- New rear brake drums
- New wheel cylinders in the rear
- New rear wheel bearings
- New spark plugs
- New plug wires
- New ignition coil
- New brake hoses
- New distributor (electronic ignition, no points)
- New cap and rotor
- New clutch release bearing
- New speedo cable
- Valves done 2 years/500 miles ago
Notes & FYI:
- The Austin “Countryman” and Morris “Traveller” were known as “Estates.” Some were fitted with the optional wood trim and are often called “woodies” or “woodie wagons.” Estate wagons without wood (like this Mini) are sometimes called “tinnies,” or “tin wagons.”
- Heater not installed; has new heater core
- Speedo replaced, true mileage unknown
- Minor oil leaks (typical, it’s a British car!)
- Numerous show awards
Titled in Canada with BC collector plates.
Located (about 70 miles East of Vancouver) in Chilliwack, BC CANADA
[ ID# RED70WAGON ] Asking (about) $20k USD based on current rates for the $26k CANADIAN asking price.
[ For approximate exchange rates, one site is: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/ ]
Independent mechanical evaluations may also be arranged, as well as nationwide door-to-door transport. Escrow Services for payment, title-document-transfers, and transport coordination (to help provide more-secure transactions) are also available, contact us for details.
FINE PRINT: MiniGuy / Lewis Motors makes no representations as to the accuracy of any seller’s listings on our “Consignment – For Sale by Owner” pages, including but not limited to, physical or mechanical condition of vehicle, status of title or registration, any applicable emissions-equipment, emissions-testing or emissions-certification requirements, as well as relevant safety equipment or safety-related requirements, import status, or fitness for use. Please note that emissions or safety requirements may differ by state, region, or country. Potential buyers should consult their appropriate state or local agencies or departments to determine, among other things, the status of a particular vehicle related to the above, including vehicles that might normally be exempt from emissions testing, emissions equipment, or emissions certification requirements. For California buyers or sellers, more information may be obtained from various state and local agencies, including, but not limited to, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the Bureau of Automotive Repairs (BAR) and the California Air Resources Board (ARB).
BOTTOM LINE: This is a case where it pays to do your homework. Be careful what you buy, you may not be able to drive it in some states, including California.Vehicle Details: