UPDATE: Seller reports that it’s GONE, GONE, GONE to its new home!
This immaculate, customized 1965 Morris Mini panel van has been upgraded to a 1275cc engine that has been bored to 1380cc and sits atop a Jack Knight 5-speed manual transmission. It has fewer than 1,000 miles since its full restoration. The brakes have been upgraded to Cooper S discs in front, with a power brake servo. It has zero rust anywhere! Fully serviced and maintenance performed in January 2019; invoice for $1,267 available on request.
The steering is left-hand-drive (LHD).
Two sets of bucket seats are included. The red exterior color-coordinated seats are racing-type, the stock-type black bucket seats (currently installed) have gray cloth inserts.
- 10″ Revolution alloy wheels
- Small black wheel arches (flares)
- Pop-up roof vent
- Exterior graphics: Colorama Wholesale Nursery
Engine Bay Features:
- Twin SU carbs on alloy intake manifold
- Header and performance exhaust system,
- Oil cooler
- Heavy-duty radiator
- Alternator conversion
- All new wiring
- RC 40 aftermarket performance exhaust
- Sport steering wheel
- Rokee wood dash with twin gloveboxes
- 120-mph Cooper S speedo
- Smiths water-temperature and oil-pressure gauges
- Sport seats (the nicely reupholstered stock seats area included; photos shown)
- 4-point racing harnesses
- Chrome roll bar
- Full carpeting and headliner, including cargo area
- Stock seats included (nicely reupholstered; photos shown)
Brakes and Suspension:
- Cooper S (7.5″) disc brake upgrade in front
- Brake servo (power brake booster)
- Spax coilover suspension in front and rear
Recent Maintenance Includes:
(Invoices available on request)
Notes & FYI:
- Small scratch on interior of door (photo shown)
- Floors are solid; section of front floors had been replaced (underside photos available.)
- Two sets of seats are included: a stock set (currently installed) and a pair of red racing seats
- Tires have minimal wear
- All restoration invoices available on request
- $42k invested!
California title and current registration
Located in Glendora, (southern) California 91741
(Los Angeles/Pasadena region; about 20 miles East of Pasadena – off the 210 freeway)
[ ID# RED65PANELVAN ] Asking: $20k
Independent mechanical evaluations may also be arranged, as well as nationwide door-to-door transport. Escrow Services for payment, title-document-transfers, and transport coordination (to help provide more-secure transactions) are also available, contact us for details.
FINE PRINT: MiniGuy / Lewis Motors makes no representations as to the accuracy of any seller’s listings on our “Consignment – For Sale by Owner” pages, including but not limited to, physical or mechanical condition of vehicle, status of title or registration, any applicable emissions-equipment, emissions-testing or emissions-certification requirements, as well as relevant safety equipment or safety-related requirements, import status, or fitness for use. Please note that emissions or safety requirements may differ by state, region, or country. Potential buyers should consult their appropriate state or local agencies or departments to determine, among other things, the status of a particular vehicle related to the above, including vehicles that might normally be exempt from emissions testing, emissions equipment, or emissions certification requirements. For California buyers or sellers, more information may be obtained from various state and local agencies, including, but not limited to, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the Bureau of Automotive Repairs (BAR) and the California Air Resources Board (ARB).
BOTTOM LINE: This is a case where it pays to do your homework. Be careful what you buy, you may not be able to drive it in some states, including California.
2019 – UPDATED FOOTNOTE: According to current California ARB guidelines, pre-1968 classic Minis – because of their age – would not be subject to the restrictions that would otherwise apply to direct-import vehicles. (Great news for this legitimate ’65 Mk1 Mini!)
UPDATE: Seller reports that it’s GONE, GONE, GONE to its new home!Vehicle Details: