UPDATE – Aug. 2019: Owner agreed to sell at a certain price and signed a Bill of Sale, but has backed out of the deal and is seeking a better deal elsewhere.
This genuine 1968 Austin Mk2 Cooper 1275 “S” is a matching-numbers car that still has its original paint, original interior and the odometer shows just 12,308 miles. It is unmolested and reportedly hasn’t been on the road since the early 1970s. The pedal pads show minimal wear and the original black vinyl Mk2 seat upholstery is in exceptional condition.
Heritage Certificate confirms that it’s numbers-matching:
- Chassis Number: CA2SBL/11295[*][*]A
- Engine Number: 9F-SA-Y/494[*][*]
- Commission Number: 2-50S-53[*][*]A
- welded tag on front panel: 250S0027[*][*]L
The original 1968 Minnesota license plates have a 1970 registration sticker, reportedly the most recent year it is was registered.
The steering is factory left-hand-drive (LHD)
Correct S Bits Present Include:
- 130 mph (Mk2) Cooper S speedo
- 1275cc Cooper S engine and four-speed manual transmission
- Twin SU carbs and factory air cleaner assembly
- Oil cooler
- Front disc brakes (7.5″ diameter)
- Power brake servo (brake booster)
- Twin fuel tanks
- Correct S badging
- Original steel Cooper S wheels (9 vent holes), including the spare
- Brightwork on door surrounds
- Chrome gear lever
- Ashtrays with chrome lids
- Fresh-air heater and demister vents
A few non-factory parts include the Smiths tachometer, period AM radio and antenna, white “Mini” stripes on the sides, a Union Jack badge, grille buttons and a “Sports Car Club of America” sticker on the window.
Notes & FYI:
- The twin carbs, radiator and grille are currently not in place, but are included.
- A sump guard (skid plate) is also among the parts
- The worst of the rust is under the left front floors (as shown in the photo gallery)
- Additional information and photos on request.
Located about 30 miles North of St. Paul in Scandia, MN 55073
[ ID# ISLANDBLUE68S ] Asking: (contact us)
Independent mechanical evaluations may also be arranged, as well as nationwide door-to-door transport. Escrow Services for payment, title-document-transfers, and transport coordination (to help provide more-secure transactions) are also available, contact us for details.
FINE PRINT: MiniGuy / Lewis Motors makes no representations as to the accuracy of any seller’s listings on our “Consignment – For Sale by Owner” pages, including but not limited to, physical or mechanical condition of vehicle, status of title or registration, any applicable emissions-equipment, emissions-testing or emissions-certification requirements, as well as relevant safety equipment or safety-related requirements, import status, or fitness for use. Please note that emissions or safety requirements may differ by state, region, or country. Potential buyers should consult their appropriate state or local agencies or departments to determine, among other things, the status of a particular vehicle related to the above, including vehicles that might normally be exempt from emissions testing, emissions equipment, or emissions certification requirements. For California buyers or sellers, more information may be obtained from various state and local agencies, including, but not limited to, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the Bureau of Automotive Repairs (BAR) and the California Air Resources Board (ARB).
BOTTOM LINE: This is a case where it pays to do your homework. Be careful what you buy, you may not be able to drive it in some states, including California.
UPDATE – Aug. 2019: Owner agreed to sell at a certain price and signed a Bill of Sale, but has backed out of the deal and is seeking a better deal elsewhere.Vehicle Details: