(Just posted – more photos to follow…)
This dark green Mk1 Austin Mini has a white roof and has been upgraded with a rebuilt 1,275cc engine, 12″ Minilight-style (8-spoke) alloy wheels and twin front rally lights. The transmission is a manual four-speed model.
The steering is Right-Hand-Drive (RHD), but all Minis come with the holes and mountings to put the steering on either side, if you must!
It’s a genuine Mk1 model, so it has the cool, quirky doors with the sliding windows and external door hinges, and small oval taillights. (Heritage Certificate is pending; will show the build date and details.)
- Dark green with white roof
- 12″ Minilight-style (8-spoke) alloys
- White bonnet stripes
- Chrome brightwork around door frames (as found on Cooper/Cooper S models)
- Twin front driving lights
- Period “Rokee” wood dash with twin gloveboxes
- Sport steering wheel
- Cloth sport seats
- Additional gauges for Voltage and Amp are mounted under the dash
- wood shift knob
- Paddy Hopkirk-style accelerator pedal
- Upgraded to 1275cc engine (original engine was an 850cc)
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Single SU carb
- New wiring harness
- New radiator hoses
Notes & FYI:
- Extensive paperwork for engine rebuild and maintenance
- Odometer reads 93,207 miles (true mileage unknown)
- VIN: AA2S7-10298[*][*] (decodes as Austin Mk1 Mini w/ RHD steering)
- Bonnet stripes are white vinyl (cracking and need replacement)
- RHD steering is legal in all 50 states
Located in Tucson, AZ 85716
[ ID# GREEN1275MK1AUSTIN ] Asking: (contact us)
Independent mechanical evaluations may also be arranged, as well as nationwide door-to-door transport. Escrow Services for payment, title-document-transfers, and transport coordination (to help provide more-secure transactions) are also available, contact us for details.
FINE PRINT: MiniGuy / Lewis Motors makes no representations as to the accuracy of any seller’s listings on our “Consignment – For Sale by Owner” pages, including but not limited to, physical or mechanical condition of vehicle, status of title or registration, any applicable emissions-equipment, emissions-testing or emissions-certification requirements, as well as relevant safety equipment or safety-related requirements, import status, or fitness for use. Please note that emissions or safety requirements may differ by state, region, or country. Potential buyers should consult their appropriate state or local agencies or departments to determine, among other things, the status of a particular vehicle related to the above, including vehicles that might normally be exempt from emissions testing, emissions equipment, or emissions certification requirements. For California buyers or sellers, more information may be obtained from various state and local agencies, including, but not limited to, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the Bureau of Automotive Repairs (BAR) and the California Air Resources Board (ARB).
BOTTOM LINE: This is a case where it pays to do your homework. Be careful what you buy, you may not be able to drive it in some states, including California.
2020 – UPDATED FOOTNOTE: According to current California ARB guidelines, pre-1968 classic Minis – because of their age – would not be subject to the restrictions that would otherwise apply to direct-import vehicles. (Great news for this legitimate ’67 Mk1 Mini!)Vehicle Details: