This British Racing Green (BRG) Mini is a Special Edition 40th Anniversary Sport Pack model that was reportedly sent to Holland when new, then immediately crossed the pond to Texas, where it has resided since imported in 1999. The odometer shows 8,808 original miles; all but seven were added during the seller’s ownership. The original BRG paint and original black leather interior remain in excellent, like-new condition. Always garaged in a dry climate – so there’s zero rust!
The steering is factory left-hand-drive (LHD).
Fully freeway capable; cruises at 70 mph-plus without even breathing hard!
- 13×7″ Performance Minilight-style (8-spoke) deep-dish alloys
- Sport Pack wheel arches (flares).
- Full-size electric sunroof
- Twin driving lights in front
- Alloy Monza-style flip-top fuel filler and locking cap
- Special “Mini 40” badge on bonnet
- Special “Mini 40” crests on rear flanks
- GB chrome badge on bootlid
- Red, rear-facing fog light below rear bumper
- Twin chrome exhaust tips
Powertrain and Brakes:
- 1275cc (1.3L) engine with MPI (multi-point fuel injection)
- Electronic ignition (crank-fire, no distributor)
- 4-speed, 4-synchro “rod shift” (stronger, smoother shifting) manual transmission
- Front disc brakes (8.4″) with servo (power brake booster)
- Alloy rocker cover
- K&N-type air cleaner
- Front-mounted radiator
In the Cabin:
- Black leather upholstery in immaculate condition
- Brushed alloy dash
- Alloy shift knob
- Alloy door furniture (window cranks and door pulls)
- Special “40th Anniversary” white-face gauges, including clock
- Factory tachometer
- Wood door cappings
- Immobilizer alarm with two fobs
- Tilt/leveling headlight adjustment
- Stereo with MTX Audio amp mounted in the boot (trunk)
- Twin eyeball dash vents provide extra ventilation
- 3-point rear seatbelts
- Odometer reads 8,800 original miles
Notes & FYI:
- Everything reportedly works!
- Front bumper has a small ding (new is $100).
- Tires have good tread, but are old
- Engine compartment could use a bit of detailing
- Registered in Texas as Antique Vehicle (saves fees)
Texas title and current registration: 1972; appears to have a significant number of parts – perhaps all – of a 1999 Rover Mini Special Edition 40th Anniversary model, including driver-side airbag, electronic ignition and fuel injection, etc.
Located in Austin, Texas 78731
[ ID# BRGSPORTPACK9 ] Asking: $22.5k
Independent mechanical evaluations may also be arranged, as well as nationwide door-to-door transport. Escrow Services for payment, title-document-transfers, and transport coordination (to help provide more-secure transactions) are also available, contact us for details.
FINE PRINT: MiniGuy / Lewis Motors makes no representations as to the accuracy of any seller’s listings on our “Consignment – For Sale by Owner” pages, including but not limited to, physical or mechanical condition of vehicle, status of title or registration, any applicable emissions-equipment, emissions-testing or emissions-certification requirements, as well as relevant safety equipment or safety-related requirements, import status, or fitness for use. Please note that emissions or safety requirements may differ by state, region, or country. Potential buyers should consult their appropriate state or local agencies or departments to determine, among other things, the status of a particular vehicle related to the above, including vehicles that might normally be exempt from emissions testing, emissions equipment, or emissions certification requirements. For California buyers or sellers, more information may be obtained from various state and local agencies, including, but not limited to, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the Bureau of Automotive Repairs (BAR) and the California Air Resources Board (ARB).
BOTTOM LINE: This is a case where it pays to do your homework. Be careful what you buy, you may not be able to drive it in some states, including California.Vehicle Details: