UPDATE: The seller reports that it’s GONE, GONE, GONE to its new home!
This British Racing Green (BRG) Mini has a 1275cc engine (bored to 1380cc) and a 4-speed manual “rod shift” (stronger, smoother-shifting) transmission. Performance upgrades include 4-wheel disc brakes, fully adjustable suspension, coil spring conversion and electronic ignition.
The steering is left-hand-drive (LHD).
The 10×6” Minilight-style (8-spoke) alloys have gold centers and polished rims and wear Yokohama A008 tires. Small, body-color wheel arches (flares) help accent the wider stance.
- Twin driving lights are fitted in front.
- Front side-marker lights
- Locking fuel cap
- Winged bonnet badge
There are now disc brakes on all four corners:
- Front discs have been upgraded to 7.5” 4-piston brake calipers
- Thick vented front brake rotors
- Brake servo (booster) has been fitted
- Rear brakes are upgraded to KAD aftermarket disc brakes (stock rears were drum brakes)
Fully-adjustable Suspension Upgrades:
The suspension has been upgraded with a coil spring conversion and adjustable components that include:
- HiLo adjustable struts
- GAZ gas adjustable shocks
- Adjustable front lower control arms and track rod arms
- Adjustable rear camber/toe brackets
- Adjustable rear anti-roll bar
Engine Compartment Upgrades:
The rebuilt 1275cc engine has been bored to 1380cc and fitted with an aluminum cylinder head and a sump guard. Additional upgrades include:
- Alloy intake manifold
- Single 1.75” SU carb with K&N cone air filter
- Alloy rocker cover and t-bolts
- Aldon electronic distributor is fitted
- Extra cooling is provided by 2-core “Super Cool” radiator
- Header and aftermarket performance exhaust system
- Twin chrome center-exhaust tips
The interior is in nice condition and features adjustable sport bucket seats in black vinyl, an aftermarket 12” leather-wrapped sport steering wheel and a dark wood “3-clock” dash with a full complement of white-face gauges. Along with a speedo and tach, there are water-temperature and oil-pressure gauges, a clock and an ammeter gauge.
- Alloy “door furniture” (window cranks and door pulls)
- Alloy shift knob
- Pioneer stereo
- Steering column drop bracket
- Twin eyeball fresh-air vents
- Floor mats
- Fire Extinguisher
FYI and NOTES:
- Twin front driving lights installed, but not yet wired
- Paint is in very good condition, with some small paint chips on the body and minor cracks around fastener heads on the wheel arches, aka “flares.” (replacement flares are inexpensive and readily available)
- The wood dash has some cracking in the clear coat
- Front valance below the bumper has a little (hard to see) wrinkling and paint imperfections
- Turn signal switch does not self-cancel
- Rear window defogger is inop
- Most recent compression test is good: 160-160-165-170lbs
- Long-time California car
- Recently serviced, ready to go
- Note: Some photos and closeups were taken prior to work done on paint/trim cosmetics, detailing and recent maintenance. (fresh photos to follow)
Arizona title and current registration. (1968; appears to have a number of features of an early ‘90’s Mini.)
Located (near Phoenix) in Cave Creek, AZ 85331
[ ID# BRGREEN1275LHD ] Asking: $18.5k
Independent mechanical evaluations may also be arranged, as well as nationwide door-to-door transport. Escrow Services for payment, title-document-transfers, and transport coordination (to help provide more-secure transactions) are also available, contact us for details.
FINE PRINT: MiniGuy / Lewis Motors makes no representations as to the accuracy of any seller’s listings on our “Consignment – For Sale by Owner” pages, including but not limited to, physical or mechanical condition of vehicle, status of title or registration, any applicable emissions-equipment, emissions-testing or emissions-certification requirements, as well as relevant safety equipment or safety-related requirements, import status, or fitness for use. Please note that emissions or safety requirements may differ by state, region, or country. Potential buyers should consult their appropriate state or local agencies or departments to determine, among other things, the status of a particular vehicle related to the above, including vehicles that might normally be exempt from emissions testing, emissions equipment, or emissions certification requirements. For California buyers or sellers, more information may be obtained from various state and local agencies, including, but not limited to, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the Bureau of Automotive Repairs (BAR) and the California Air Resources Board (ARB).
BOTTOM LINE: This is a case where it pays to do your homework. Be careful what you buy, you may not be able to drive it in some states, including California.
UPDATE: The seller reports that it’s GONE, GONE, GONE to its new home!Vehicle Details: