UPDATE – Seller reports that it has GONE, GONE, GONE to its new home!
This “project” Mini will likely need major “wake-up service,” since it hasn’t been driven for about 10 years – but it does start and run when primed!
This is an ideal Mini for someone who is mechanically inclined, or has help from someone who is!
Filled the bowl of the carb with fuel – and it fired right up and ran until the bowl ran dry. (The entire fuel system and fuel pump should be thoroughly flushed and checked before driving.)
[ video link: https://vimeo.com/347953782 ]
- Mamba alloy wheels
- Air horns
- 998cc engine
- 4-speed manual transmission
- Electronic ignition
- Single SU carb on alloy intake manifold
- Low-restriction performance air filter
- Alloy rocker cover
- Maniflow header and twin-box, center-exit exhaust
Brakes and Suspension:
- Dual-circuit brake master cylinder
- Front drum brakes
- Finned alloy drums on the rear
- Heavy-duty adjustable tie rods
- Left-hand-drive (LHD steering)
- Seat belts, including a racing-type lap belt on the driver’s side
Notes & FYI:
- This should be considered a PROJECT Mini, since it may be that it will need a lot of “wake-up” work to get it safely back on the road. All systems should be thoroughly inspected and repaired as needed, including braking, hydraulics, electrical and cooling systems. The tires are more than 10 years old; one does not hold air.
- If you do not have the capability to do most of the repairs yourself (or have a friend to help you), this might not be the best choice for a first Mini!
- Title shows 1960 Morris; appears to have a significant number of parts – perhaps all – of a 1970’s Canadian-model classic Mini, based on the side-marker lights, etc.)
- It has rust in several locations. (see a couple of them in closeup photos, more photos on request)
California title and current registration. (No back fees due)
Located (North of San Diego) in Mira Mesa, CA 92126
[ ID# BLACK998LHD ] Asking: $4,000. [ UPDATE: GONE! ]
Independent mechanical evaluations may also be arranged, as well as nationwide door-to-door transport. Escrow Services for payment, title-document-transfers, and transport coordination (to help provide more-secure transactions) are also available, contact us for details.
FINE PRINT: MiniGuy / Lewis Motors makes no representations as to the accuracy of any seller’s listings on our “Consignment – For Sale by Owner” pages, including but not limited to, physical or mechanical condition of vehicle, status of title or registration, any applicable emissions-equipment, emissions-testing or emissions-certification requirements, as well as relevant safety equipment or safety-related requirements, import status, or fitness for use. Please note that emissions or safety requirements may differ by state, region, or country. Potential buyers should consult their appropriate state or local agencies or departments to determine, among other things, the status of a particular vehicle related to the above, including vehicles that might normally be exempt from emissions testing, emissions equipment, or emissions certification requirements. For California buyers or sellers, more information may be obtained from various state and local agencies, including, but not limited to, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), the Bureau of Automotive Repairs (BAR) and the California Air Resources Board (ARB).
BOTTOM LINE: This is a case where it pays to do your homework. Be careful what you buy, you may not be able to drive it in some states, including California.
UPDATE – Seller reports that it has GONE, GONE, GONE to its new home!Vehicle Details: